SpyWare BeWare! ASAP
May 28, 2017, 05:23:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  

Google It!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PC Linux OS 2007  (Read 3933 times)
MILANA

Date Registered:November 14, 2007, 08:21:06 AM

« on: November 14, 2007, 08:22:46 AM »

Anybody tried this yet?

I've just loaded it up, early days yet but using it atm to browse and post here using Firefox.

My favourite distro, previously, had been Suse 10.2 but I think I may be a convert to this one.

A single CD ISO download, took me 45 minutes to download.

Has everything you need to get started plus there are literally hundreds of downloadable add-ons.

Has the Gimp; Kaffeine; Open Office as standard, for instance

But best of all it recognised all my hardware and plays audio tracks and DVD movies straight out of the box - absolutely brilliant.

I'm no great shakes at Linux - text commands confuse me - but this, so far, to me, seems the most simple distro I've ever used, it really is a breeze to use it.

And the ISO burns you a Live CD as well, so you can try it before you install.

Well, so far, so good, quite impressed, tomorrow, when I'm sober, lol I will try some more stuff, in particular I will attempt to install UT2004 and see how it plays. I did manage to install UT2004 on a previous installation of Suse 10.1 but it was, frankly, hard work.

Anyways, if you're curious, give PCLinuxOS2007 a try, you could do worse.
Administrator

Date Registered:March 29, 2004, 11:40:15 PM

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 10:20:12 AM »

ya i played with it for a bit
i kinda liked the Ubuntu versions as they have so many flavors
and if you have a older pc try "puppy linux "small and easy to run as a live cd

each version of Ubuntu seems to get better, now easier to install the win32 codex, flash and stuff
that's what i like about linux, there is a distro for everyone and i hate terminal commands too !

" i'm not an expert, but"
Second best Spam Killer  at SBW
Proudest ASAP member

no post of mine maybe copied or reproduced without my written consent !
Jeber
ASAP VIP

Date Registered:December 30, 2004, 01:04:33 AM

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 04:16:46 PM »

On my last laptop I dual-booted XP Pro and PCLos.  I can't on my new one because the wireless chipset isn't supported yet in Linux.  But my desktop still boots PCLos, Ubuntu and Vista.  I, too, really like PCL.  Texstar has been diligent in including the newest versions of the available software and to make installing and configuring it dead easy.  And now he even makes it possible to use Gnome instead of the previously default KDE (though I prefer KDE).

It's definitely one of the top 5 distros I recommend to those new to Linux.  Even veterans find it a comfortable and fully featured distribution.  I'm glad you're enjoying it.

alan227

Date Registered:June 24, 2004, 11:00:08 AM

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 04:00:43 AM »

I am using PCLOS Gnome and it is great, if anyone wants to try it out it can be downloaded here.

http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownload/PC...load-33775.html
alyssataylor1962

Date Registered:June 30, 2010, 06:03:55 AM

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 09:48:05 PM »

PCLinuxOS is a live CD distribution that enables users to test Linux without actually having to install it.The highly anticipated new version, PCLinuxOS 2007.You might be able to use the Openbox or Lxde editions of PCLinuxOS 2010.PCLOS comes pre-installed with most of commonly used multimedia formats while Ubuntu doesn't.

Signature Spam Removed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: