SpyWare BeWare! ASAP
March 30, 2017, 03:48:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  

Google It!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unable to Register with the forum  (Read 2027 times)
Dragon Lady

Date Registered:October 04, 2004, 03:31:27 PM

« on: May 04, 2009, 04:33:25 PM »

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but someone who read my recommendation of Spyware Beware on another internet forum has tried to register but is having problems.  Could someone check this out please?  

This is the message she sent me:

Hi DL,

Wonder if you could find a way to help me. Following your suggestion in the computer room, I have been trying for hours to register with Spyware Beware. I have two problems:

1. The main one is that part way down the registration page is a box marked Automaton Filtrometer which says "enter the characters and numbers exactly as they are shown" (or words to that effect). This is not the confirm box immediately underneath where, if unclear, you can click for a different set of characters.
Big problem is that ... there is absolutely nothing to be seen to be able to enter!!!!!

2. Tried clearing the whole thing, but every time I go back on to start afresh, it has remembered my password and logon name so takes me straight back to the fields that I have not completed (the one as described above).

3. The links have an option "Contact administrator" (or similar) Clicking on the link opens Outlook Express but, of course, the link is not an email address, it is a web address, so OE tells you no such name can be found.

Just don't know where to go next as I can neither complete the registration nor clear myself off their site records in order to start anew.

Would it be too much trouble to ask you to copy/ paste this mail for me into the forum for whoever can attend to the Automaton Filtrometer so that it shows whatever we are supposed to quote.

Sorry to trouble you - thanks in advance.

Lyn

PS.  I just checked wih the lady that she was not using a hotmail address as I know some forums don't accept them.  She is not, but she uses a Spanish ISP called terra.es (She lives in the Canary Islands)  The user name she is trying to register is Lyndy34.
Corrine
Administrator

Date Registered:March 06, 2004, 10:01:51 AM

The Mystical Rose

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 02:52:17 PM »

Hi, Dragon Lady.  Please see your private messages.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.
Lyndy34

Date Registered:May 06, 2009, 04:37:20 PM

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 04:47:59 PM »

This topic has now been resolved.  

I have been able to complete the registration and registration confirm section.

My grateful thanks to Dragon Lady and Corrine.
Dragon Lady

Date Registered:October 04, 2004, 03:31:27 PM

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 03:30:55 AM »

Yes, thanks from me too Corrine.

I too had a go at trying to register and would have, I am sure, been in the same position as Lyndy34.  The procedure for registering has changed, with the upgrade of the board, from what it was when I registered.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: