SpyWare BeWare! ASAP
March 30, 2017, 07:28:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  

Google It!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Error guard  (Read 100455 times)
Annick
« on: January 12, 2005, 05:18:10 PM »

Hi, I have error guard on my computer, saying that there are more dan a 1000 system errors on my computer and that I should correct them. I can't get it of! What is it?
Thanks
Jamie
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 07:50:11 AM »

I have the same thing and actually purchased the product to help, but am still in the same position.  I email'd their support group and haven't rec'd a response yet.

What is this???  I can't even get on the internet anymore.  Now I got a message stating that my credit card will be charged twice (in error).  Can't even find a telephone number for these bastards.

Please let me know what you find out.  Thks.
mitch
Administrator

Date Registered:March 29, 2004, 11:40:15 PM

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 10:50:25 AM »

suggestion for the future...
before you download any program do a "google" on it for about 3 pages to see what is said about it

now that program "error guard"  do a google and i could not find one person who liked it, no one has got a refund, and several people have had system stability problems

one log i looked at said that "adaware" by lavasoft" and spybot S & D got rid of "error guard"

both programs are free and work and are respected !

hth

my thoughts, any popup i treat like spam and do not buy their product ;-)

" i'm not an expert, but"
Second best Spam Killer  at SBW
Proudest ASAP member

no post of mine maybe copied or reproduced without my written consent !
Tim
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005, 07:55:56 PM »

suggestion for the future...
before you download any program do a "google" on it for about 3 pages to see what is said about it

now that program "error guard"  do a google and i could not find one person who liked it, no one has got a refund, and several people have had system stability problems

one log i looked at said that "adaware" by lavasoft" and spybot S & D got rid of "error guard"

both programs are free and work and are respected !

hth

my thoughts, any popup i treat like spam and do not buy their product ;-)
Mitch just to update you Mozilla Firefox is the best web browser for and windows computer from windows 98 to XP I am on it right now and it has better  everthing on it .  so go to its web and download it.  Then uninstall internet exsplorer then my friend only then will you have the best web browser avalible!!!!!!
paperghost
ASAP VIP

Date Registered:July 04, 2004, 12:59:04 PM

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 12:58:53 AM »

you cant "uninstall" IE, you need it for updates.

Microsoft MVP 2005 - Security / FaceTime.com /    Spywareguide Blocklist / Paperghost.com
And the villainies of nature do swarm upon him...
JDCUSAF
ASAP Members

Date Registered:January 20, 2005, 06:11:13 PM

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2005, 02:58:47 PM »

you can uninstall IE, i have several times.  its a good idea to reinstall it tho...

It can't rain all the time"--the crow

I am the one, the devil you know...

"In this world their can be no black or white, merely shades of gray"--me

http://murphzlaw1inc.net.tf
paperghost
ASAP VIP

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2005, 04:28:05 PM »

you can uninstall IE, i have several times.  its a good idea to reinstall it tho...
i mean, can't as in "shouldn't" Smiley

The idea of uninstalling it is not a good one and shouldn't be attempted unless you know what you are doing. Unsuccesful uninstalls can lead to "version soup" when putting it back on board - not a good thing to have happen!

Microsoft MVP 2005 - Security / FaceTime.com /    Spywareguide Blocklist / Paperghost.com
JDCUSAF
ASAP Members

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2005, 09:24:43 AM »

its not so much hard, as it is you need to have attention to detail when doing it and follow all the steps.

paperghost
ASAP VIP

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2005, 02:55:18 PM »

its not so much hard, as it is you need to have attention to detail when doing it and follow all the steps.
but how many times on average would someone who knows the steps to take actually need to uninstall IE? Usually someone who doesn't know how goes in with size twelves and makes a hash of it.

Davide
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2005, 02:55:53 PM »

Hi, I have error guard on my computer, saying that there are more dan a 1000 system errors on my computer and that I should correct them. I can't get it of! What is it?
Thanks
 Shocked  
Noel from Belgium
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2005, 04:40:38 AM »

Hi,
I'm from Belgium, I bought error guard online with VISAcard and could download.
I used the program, it scanned the computer and "repair" 242 errors. But afterwards I could only restart in save modus becaus it turned of the NORTON VIRUS !!!
Don't buy, I also tried to contact them but It was impossible, they don't answer. Can anyone stop them?

Noel from Belgium (Ghent)  
JDCUSAF
ASAP Members

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2005, 07:41:08 PM »

but how many times on average would someone who knows the steps to take actually need to uninstall IE? Usually someone who doesn't know how goes in with size twelves and makes a hash of it.
just following directions generally works. ^_^  

Suhag Patel
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2005, 10:24:38 PM »

Shocked Error Guard is a hoax. Sorry, my computer was also infected with it. And it removed about 200 registry files and about 100 shortcuts froim start menu and all. It took about a week but i was able to put everything bakc in place. Do not ever download ErrorGuard. Tehy will take your money and run off.
My email Suhag1029@hotmail.com  
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2005, 04:16:31 PM »

error guard is a f n rip off It wasted my os and screwed up most of my files if i ever meet  a tech from that company  they will be beat senseless for everyone that I've ever talked to about that software.

ParafleX
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2005, 04:26:38 PM »

Error Guard
This is a program that you can use only if you've purchased it, or getting the code  free from serials.ws...

Anyway... This program do the same thing that Norton Clean Sweep does...

That means... this prog. deletes OLD regkeys from programs that have been uninstalled. Also it removes old short cuts...

I don't know if it's a "mad" program, but I know it works, and accures no harm to computers, at least not mine...

I have Norton Internet Security 2005, it works fine...

Plans to install?  It's YOUR decission... Now I told my version/experience from this prog.    //Good luck!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: