SpyWare BeWare! ASAP
April 30, 2017, 09:31:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  

Google It!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Or Cheap Backup Software With Specific Functions  (Read 1388 times)
hostonbarry

Date Registered:January 09, 2010, 02:58:29 AM

« on: January 12, 2010, 05:49:35 AM »

Hi,I've been using Driveimage XML for Windows Backups for some time. It get the job done. Incremental backup would be nice but since Windows is not my primary OS and I don't have a lot of files there, it works fine. There are two things that drive me crazy though:1. On Vista/Windows 7, Driveimage forces me to deactivate UAC and restart every single time I want to backup.2. Driveimage cannot restore to a partition smaller than the one it backed up.Does anyone know of a backup utility, free or less than $20, That will allow me to do full image-based backups without either of these limitations? Incremental backups would be cool too, but this may be asking to much for the price range.
Lapicide

Date Registered:May 15, 2005, 05:17:37 PM

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 08:46:29 AM »

Quote from: hostonbarry
Hi,I've been using Driveimage XML for Windows Backups for some time. ....

You may look at this list of open source software and see if there is something for you:

http://sourceforge.net/softwaremap/trove_l...hp?form_cat=137

Cheers

Stories once read never forgotten
http://www.unforgettable-stories.blogspot.com
alvinbell21

Date Registered:June 20, 2010, 09:55:08 PM

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 10:44:54 PM »

I can recommend Acronis True Image to you, but only because it's what I've used in the past.Have you already looked at the programs this web page provides?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: