SpyWare BeWare! ASAP
March 30, 2017, 03:45:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  

Google It!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it safe to grant "Spoolsv.exe" full access to internet?  (Read 1853 times)
Ashleshy

Date Registered:May 16, 2007, 07:29:21 AM

« on: January 24, 2010, 03:03:38 AM »

Is it safe to grant "Spoolsv.exe" full access to internet to establish inbound and outbound connections?

Though it is not running as a process on my system at the moment but in the "reports and log" section of my McAfee Anti Virus it says that "Program spoolsv.exe is granted full access to the internet"...I blocked it first when i recieved the notification.thinking some virus might be trying to access the system from internet, but now I've allowed the access.

GR@PH;<'S

Date Registered:April 01, 2004, 11:07:09 AM

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 08:46:04 AM »

Ashleshy,
The spoolsv.exe file is included with Microsoft Windows and is not spyware, a trojan, or a virus.
 However if you have errors it could be due toi it becoming corrupted by a virus, worm, or trojan.
An upto date antivirus program should not only  detect but quaranteen this file if it is infected.

GR@PH;<'S  

press Enter then have a Brandy then if the problem is still there have another Brandy
Q: does it work
A: It does seem to for a few hours at least
LandzDown
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: