SpyWare BeWare! ASAP
May 29, 2017, 02:41:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  

Google It!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ASAP goals query,contradictions?  (Read 4662 times)
Animalistic

Date Registered:March 04, 2005, 01:38:57 PM

« on: March 04, 2005, 02:57:32 PM »

http://spywarewarrior.com/viewtopic.php?t=11064

hi,i've started a small discussion down at spyware warrior with reguards to the stated ASAP goals and possible contradictions by reccomended websites/ASAP members on these sites.

please take some time to read and feel free to comment/flame if you disagree with my concerns.

fao Maddoktor2
im not trying to slate ASAP,i applaud and respect your goals as an organization.a big debt of gratitude is owed to you and your members helping to protect and educate users to the bigger picture thumbsup

Welcome to the battle zone,happy hunting!
Coyote
Administrator

Date Registered:February 16, 2004, 06:41:13 PM

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2005, 12:30:55 AM »

HI fcukdat

I won't be adding a reply to the conversation at the other website but I will give you a link to a post I made concerning this issue slightly, I hope you read it and take it into consideration.

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?show...18&#entry133318

Thank you for joining here and hope that we will get along nicely in the future here and elsewhere.

Tom Coyote Wilson
http://TomCoyote.org

MVP  2006-2007

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

Tom Coyote Wilson
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 06:13:12 AM »

thanks tom and thanks Doc for giving the time to reply.
i will post  a reply and see if admin can lock the topic as resolved down at spywarewarrior since the Doc has addressed albeit dismissed my concerns as being a vendetta against lavasoft.
i think i have been totally misunderstood but all that has been said is being taken onboard. i certainly do not want to be part of the problem but would like to help with the solution.

JeanInMontana
ASAP Members

Date Registered:October 26, 2004, 06:51:07 PM

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005, 05:03:09 PM »

thanks tom and thanks Doc for giving the time to reply.
i will post  a reply and see if admin can lock the topic as resolved down at spywarewarrior since the Doc has addressed albeit dismissed my concerns as being a vendetta against lavasoft.
i think i have been totally misunderstood but all that has been said is being taken onboard. i certainly do not want to be part of the problem but would like to help with the solution.

[span style=\'color:purple\']From Your profile.....

( 0.01% of total forum posts )
Posts per day 0.5
Joined 4-March 05
Most active in Suggestion Box
1 posts in this forum
( 100% of this member's active posts )
User's local time Mar 6 2005, 01:56 PM

Your blowing your horn about an organization you don't belong to.  You didn't even belong to the forum until the day you decided to spout  on another site.   How do you expect anyone to take you seriously?
[/span]

winchester73
ASAP VIP

Date Registered:March 19, 2004, 03:52:03 PM

Half a bubble off plumb

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005, 07:17:46 PM »

fcukdat ... please give this a rest ... I presume you registered here just to start this thread.

TC:
As the old saying goes, if you aren't part of the solution, you could be part of the problem so do your part if you are knowledgable in this area.
Well said matey ...  thumbsup

Speak softly, but carry a big Winchester ... Winchester Arms Collectors Association member

mikey
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2005, 07:43:54 PM »

A bit OT but then almost all discussion on this issue has been unrelated OT so far. I thought this was a war being waged on malware. Personally, I have no use for soldiers who are cowards. If you're too cowardly to address an issue with or without merit, then perhaps the leadership here is worthless. Not at all what I expected to see.

What I have a prob with is folks who run out of reasonable debate on a subject and turn to personal attacks because they have no real contribution on the issue. Unfortunately, the world is full of weak minds who will try to discredit someone falsely just because they can't find any other way to deal with things they don't want to hear.

As a user and as someone trying to find common sense on the internet, fcukdat has every right in the world to question policy played out in any subject he wishes...most particularly any subject that affects him personally and the subject of how this greater community(which fcukdat is a member) sets policy and affects us all is definitely a legit concern for anyone.

Ref; http://forums.maddoktor2.com/index.php?showtopic=3267

I haven't posted at SpywareBeware since the old first board 3-4 yrs ago. I guess that makes any opinion I may have invalid also.

Ref; http://s4.invisionfree.com/CARMA/index.php?showtopic=75 2nd page

I don't have any issue here in this thread but after reading all the OT comments here, I do have some of my own to make.

As someone who has heard the 'why are you picking on poor LS?' many times, I would ask; How does the truth hurt?

I myself have pulled back from telling folks the truth on occassion because of fear of damaging the community itself. Well the community is quite strong now(thx in large part to ASAP) and there are litterally dozens of adequate anti-malware products to choose from now.

I don't personally intend to ever stop letting folks know what I see. LS & PMK have both tried to shut me up before...it just isn't going to happen.

I always have to wonder about motivation when I see folks who are scared to address or look for the truth.

I can't speak for anyone else but if someone wants to make me quiet, it's simple to do...just proove me wrong. May I suggest that to quiet fcukdat, you might try addressing his issue instead of crying about the dirt left on LS whenever their ethics and policies are questioned.

JMO

Ref; http://www.spywarewarrior.com/viewtopic.php?t=11064

Maddoktor2
Administrator

Date Registered:May 09, 2001, 02:05:56 PM

this space for rent

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2005, 04:20:38 PM »

As this topic has served its original purpose, it has been closed - please refer to the link in the first post if you wish to view the discussion. Smiley

*DoK's Law*:
The simplicity of a solution is directly proportionate to its elusiveness.
Never eliminate finite possibilities - the odds only get worse.

Fate brings me to the battle.
Destiny demands my actions.
History determines the results.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: