SpyWare BeWare! ASAP
May 29, 2017, 02:38:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  

Google It!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Features of Google Buzz  (Read 2968 times)
cavinsmither
Plonks

Date Registered:March 02, 2010, 11:12:18 PM

« on: March 12, 2010, 03:51:19 AM »

Google recently announced five little changes it will be implementing in its all famous baby product 'Buzz'.

Major privacy issues lead the giant search engine company to say "sorry" to the public earlier. The auto-follow feature has been changed to auto-suggest following high criticism from users about personal lists being made public. And now we have new features within two weeks of the launch. What was the rush in launching? However, keeping all this aside, let's have a look at the new Buzz features:

1. Use E-mail to Buzz - Yes this is a pretty cool feature. Updating statuses and replying to comments via e-mail is a great feature. People who are active online can use this more prominently. To update your Buzz status you just need to mail your update from your account. Remember to write the update in the 'subject' and not the 'body' of the e-mail. You can also attach files (like in regular e-mails) to update your buzz account.

2. A new yellow bar to denote new updates from the last time you checked Buzz - this is the feature I like most, makes life so much easier. You exactly know what you've checked and what you haven't.

3. Gmail chat statuses won't appear in Buzz if you use parenthesis around them. For example; if you put (I am sleeping) it won't appear in your Buzz update, but if you put I am sleeping (without the parentheses) then it will appear in your Buzz profile.

4. Linking to posts through Buzz (though you need permissions to view buzz posts). Each Buzz post has a permalink so you can link to it easily. For example; if you want to link to a post you liked on buzz, you can simply hyperlink from your page.

5. Last but not the least, you have an option of following the Google Buzz team. They're posts are quite informative and they definitely help solving all buzz queries.

These are a few features Google rolled out recently on Buzz. The future of Buzz remains a mystery still. Personally I do like the platform but it wouldn't replace by Facebook or Twitter account for the time being at least. From a technological perspective, Buzz pushes social networking out almost as far as it can go, so 'maybe' it will teach us how much sharing we want to do, with whom and where. Another problem I feel with Buzz is that it is tied to Gmail and the vast majority of people I know don't have a Gmail account.

But I have a gut feeling that Buzz will rule the social media platform with two years. Google is fast at rolling out changes and from a technological perspective - Buzz is awesome.
mikelangelo11

Date Registered:March 25, 2010, 01:08:06 AM

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 07:18:51 AM »

From the above features I only found two features as useful on -yellow bar to denote new items from the last time you checked your Buzz, and a way to keep your Gmail chat status from appearing in Buzz putting it in parentheses. Obviously I love the parenthesis, but in a chat status itís ugly actually.
alexrock23
Plonks

Date Registered:May 18, 2010, 12:14:56 AM

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 12:22:03 AM »

These all are great features Google buzz.But one thing about people who share a lot on Google Reader: I have noticed that whenever you send a lot of items from any one source, such as Reader or Twitter, Buzz bundles them together so that anyone interested in seeing them can unbundled them, But  them who are not interested don't have everyone else's stuff crowded out.
alyssataylor1962

Date Registered:June 30, 2010, 06:03:55 AM

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 12:54:28 AM »

Google buzz to share videos, pictures and links to Gmail contacts.This concept is almost identical to the Facebook news feed or Twitter tweeting concept.It works in Gmail,and easily play all the media stuff between your friends contacts.I believe the buzz that Google was a bit too soon,especially privacy issues.I also think that Google may go to the very future of Windows that has gone through a period of about Windows 98.

Signature Spam Removed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: