SpyWare BeWare! ASAP
May 28, 2017, 03:30:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  

Google It!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unable to access microsoft.com and other sites  (Read 1372 times)
Esofor

Date Registered:May 03, 2010, 01:58:41 AM

« on: May 03, 2010, 11:39:28 AM »

Hi,

I've been unable to access microsoft.com for something like a year now. What I didn't notice was that I could not access sites such as malwarebytes, trendmicro, avg, and so on. I've just reformatted my computer and installed a clean XP on my computer, but I'm still unable to access these sites. I'm just wondering what steps I need to take to clear this up as I'm not too computer savvy. I did not have anti-virus software installed as I was under the impression that a reformat would clean everything up, but I was clearly wrong on this matter. I ran an AdAware scan, since it's one of the few anti virus/spyware programs I knew that wasn't blocked already. The scan ran and found a few viruses that it cleaned up, but to no avail I still could not access microsoft.com or any other listed sites. I have the log of the scan if it is needed, but i'm currently posting from my friend's computer because we were trying to figure out a fix on this problem.

Thanks in advance, -Esofor

long story short: I can't access microsoft.com and I think it's a malware/virus problem. I have tried what I can do, but I need further tecnical assistance.

Rorschach112
ASAP Members

Date Registered:September 14, 2007, 07:49:41 PM

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 12:53:37 PM »

You need to post in the malware removal forum, make sure to read the sticky threads

By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.

~Scratch~

My help is always free, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware then click here
Esofor

Date Registered:May 03, 2010, 01:58:41 AM

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 02:36:21 PM »

Oh, the forum description said: Assistance with general Malware removal advice and System Security, so I figured that this would be the best place to post it. My bad, I'll look up on it.

edit: please close this thread as i have found the correct thread to post in.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: