SpyWare BeWare! ASAP
May 29, 2017, 06:15:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  

Google It!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting?...  (Read 1779 times)
scy

Date Registered:June 12, 2010, 05:05:34 PM

« on: July 14, 2010, 12:21:41 AM »

Anybody have a good idea of what EmbassySecurityCheck.exe is and does?

I was checking around in some files and found something titled ESCLogfile which was filled with entries similar to this with different dates:

Sun Oct 04 04:08:48 2009[EmbassySecurityCheck.exe-001]   ***ERROR*** CTpm::GetStatus:64 caught exception

The dates extend from about the time I bought the computer to now with a few breaks, but more or less every day or so another entry was logged.

I'm interested to know exactly what this is and how much cpu it leeches or if it is somehow malicious (I doubt it).
GR@PH;<'S

Date Registered:April 01, 2004, 11:07:09 AM

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 04:19:26 PM »

scy,
the EmbassySecurityCheck.exe is a program on your PC from Wave Systems Corp.  thatis checkmg for updates and so on.
However some Malware can rename files so I recommend that you do a clean up and a malware scan.
To do this can you clear out your cache folder again ie: Run
CCleaner
(Note in CCleaner: go to >options > advanced > Uncheck "Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours").
Now can you scan for Spy/Malware there are a number of programs that you can use for free Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is one of them that i recommend after running the program you can post the logfile here.

GR@PH;<'S  

press Enter then have a Brandy then if the problem is still there have another Brandy
Q: does it work
A: It does seem to for a few hours at least
LandzDown
scy

Date Registered:June 12, 2010, 05:05:34 PM

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 07:18:35 PM »

I am aware that its from wave systems corp. I can use google.  What I wanted to know was why it returned errors so often. (Its not infected)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: