With WinPatrol PLUS you can add protection from the DLL Vulnerability described in Security Advisory 2269637
The steps are simple. Start by launching WinPatrol, select the "Registry Monitoring" tab and click Add. A new window will open to add the item to be monitored.
- Registry Key: In the Registry Key selection drop-down, make sure HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE is selected.
- Type or copy/paste the following in the space provided under Registry Key:
- Name: In the Name space, type or copy/paste CWDIllegalInDllSearch
- Value: In the space for Value, type 1 (the number one).
- Value Type: In the drop-down box, select REG_DWORD
- Click the Add button.
If additional information is needed, illustrations are included in my blog post Protection From DLL Vulnerability with WinPatrol PLUS
Edit Note: The Value was changed to 1
following a question posted at my blog post and conversations Bill Pytlovany had with Microsoft folks. See the comments in the above-linked post for further information.