How to fix Google Redirects
, aka Win32/Olmarik, Rootkit.Win32.TDSS.u, Win32/Alureon.F, Backdoor.Tidserv!.inf
This infection hijacks your browsers to divert search engines to malware sites. Another symptom is getting the error message "DCOM server protocol launcher server terminated". It is important that you do not try fix this infection manually, or to let your anti-virus program do it, as it can result in an unbootable machine if removed badly. This guide is designed to remove the infection easily and effectively, with no side-effects.
Lets get onto removing the infection now.Step 1 : Safety precautions
Before we begin, you should save these instructions in Notepad to your desktop, or print them, for easy reference.
Backup Your Registry with ERUNT
- Please use the following link and scroll down to ERUNT and download it.
- For version with the Installer:
Use the setup program to install ERUNT on your computer
- For the zipped version:
Unzip all the files into a folder of your choice.
Click Erunt.exe to backup your registry to the folder of your choice.
Note: to restore your registry, go to the folder and start ERDNT.exe
Please download OTM
- Save it to your desktop.
- Please double-click OTM to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
- Copy the lines in the codebox below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose Copy):
ipconfig /flushdns /c
- Return to OTM, right click in the "Paste Instructions for Items to be Moved" window (under the yellow bar) and choose Paste.
- Click the red Moveit! button.
- Copy everything in the Results window (under the green bar) to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose copy), and paste it in your next reply.
- Close OTM and reboot your PC.
If a file or folder cannot be moved immediately you may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the move process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes. Step 2 : The fix
Please download GooredFix
from one of the locations below and save it to your DesktopDownload Mirror #1Download Mirror #2
Please read carefully and follow these steps.
- Ensure all Firefox windows are closed.
- To run the tool, double-click it (XP), or right-click and select Run As Administrator (Vista).
- When prompted to run the scan, click Yes.
- It doesn't take long to run, once it is finished move onto the next step
- Download TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop.
- Extract its contents to your desktop.
- Once extracted, open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.
- If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.
- If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
- It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.
The infection should hopefully be removed after these steps. If this is not the case, please go to the Virus Removal forum HERE
and follow the steps in this thread HERE
If this guide fixes your machine, then please read my guide on how to Prevent Malware
and about Safe Computing HERE