SpyWare BeWare! ASAP
March 30, 2017, 03:39:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  

Google It!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XP AntiVirus Ate Outlook Express  (Read 2300 times)
XPantivirusVictim

Date Registered:May 16, 2011, 09:14:58 AM

« on: May 16, 2011, 09:35:52 AM »

My wife got the XP Anti-Virus 2011 malware and your forum info really helped. We used your Malwarebytes Anti Malware. Followed that with Super Anti Spyware. We have Windows XP, of course.
   However suddenly after working temporarily, Outlook Express, won't start, first giving error Ox800cO12E5, then "please compact folders", which doesn't work. Then "MSOE.dll won't initialize."
   I looked up all these things and didn't get a solution.
    I ran the two anti Virus programs again, Uninstalled Internet Explorer, and OutLook express, Installed Internet explorer 8, and  backed up, and deleted all the .dbx files. Nothing worked. I'm considering upgrading to Windows 7, but I'm not sure if there is an ongoing problem.
    I'm wondering if registry identities are gone, but I'm not sure.
    I only get Administrator and my wife's name to log in on in Safe Mode
     System restore fails

Anyway this forum saved us, and I wondered if you had any insights at this point.
XPantivirusVictim

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 09:57:43 AM »

Suddenly in Safe Mode, I saw an Outlook Express Icon in the Start Menu and am redoing the identity. We'll see if it starts up after that.
XPantivirusVictim

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 09:44:30 PM »

I thought I was getting somewhere with outlook express in safe Mode, but in Safe Mode with Networking outlook express doesn't work still. Thinking perhaps system files are corrupted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: