SpyWare BeWare! ASAP
March 27, 2017, 03:39:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  

Google It!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Webhelper Alert: Messenger Plus is Lop.com  (Read 87290 times)
Me
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2004, 06:42:59 PM »

Messenger Plus is lop, to be sure. I installed it with the spyware, duh, running through the installation going yes yes yes- so impatient, and so dumb.

Now that I have the lop crap, how do I get rid of it? Lava soft wont get it, nor will Spy Ferret (even though they claim to) nor  spyware blaster nor NoAdware. I've spent $100 on anti spyware progs, to no avail.

oy. Any advice appreciated. (OTHER THAN "don't install spyware"  )

ss
Messenger Plus! is NOT Lop....
Messenger Plus! comes with an optional sponsor which is from Lop....
a big difference there...

Anyways, you don't have to buy any special programs at all. Just uninstall Messenger Plus! (windows config window > add/remove programs) and the uninstall procedure of the sponsor will be executed also...

If you tried to remove the sponsor before with programs such as ad-aware, S&D, etc. the possebility is big that you have crippled the uninstall procedure of the sponsor. In order to fix it you should reinstall Plus! WITH the sponsor (to fix the uninstaller) and rightafter uninstall Plus!...

Make sure you follow the onscreen instructions while uninstalling (closing every browserwindow (otherwise the toolbar can't be uninstalled) and entering the validation number of the uninstaller)
nadirah
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2004, 02:18:55 AM »

Do not touch messenger plus at all, Patchou is up to no good since he has links with C2 media's LOP.
It is entirely up to computer uers to decide their privacy rights.
I say, dump messenger plus. Patchou is a bad guy who supports spyware. Don't fall for patchou's trick.
Uninstall messenger plus unless you wanna have spyware on your computer.
Fight spyware, don't support it.

Don't support patchou! Better heed my advice and uninstall messenger plus.
tss68nl
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2004, 04:09:13 AM »

I uninstalled msgplus after accidentally leaving the sponsor program on when installing the update that had been nagging me for weeks.
Surprise surprise, the shitty IE bar that was added by the sponsor option doesnt go away. Yes, all my browsers were closed at the time of uninstall, no other programs were running, and yes, I did restart....about 3 times already.

Saying uninstalling msgplus removes the sponsor program is just utter bullshit. Does anyone have a link to a program that will rid me of this C2 / lop shite? Or am I facing another full reinstall?
CalamityKen
ASAP Members

Date Registered:March 29, 2004, 08:18:56 PM

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2004, 05:37:58 AM »

tss68nl, welcome.

Please read where I have helped remove the parasite:
http://forums.maddoktor2.com/index.php?showforum=17

I support the right to arm bears!
jtw
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2004, 08:00:23 AM »

Get the facts

http://www.msgplus.net/getthefacts.php
CalamityKen
ASAP Members

Date Registered:March 29, 2004, 08:18:56 PM

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2004, 08:52:52 AM »

It is in hpHOSTS file and IE-SPYAD.  

So the facts are it is        

I support the right to arm bears!
Guest_Oscar
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2004, 08:40:02 AM »

Ever wondered why it was added to that? Do some proper research first and link the things you read together (especially who wrote them), all those stupid untrue rumors are all linked together and come down to a few people who didn't bother to research something before they spit out their assumptions on some forums, and of course other people refer to that and use these assumptions as the absolute truth.

Also, since when is that HOSTS file the holy grale? [sarcasm]"Oh, it's in there, so it must be the absolute truth. Let's all pray to HOSTS..."[/sarcasm]

Let me tell you one thing: some sites listed in that HOSTS file as being affiliated aren't affiliated in the most remote way. Errors do occur in that HOSTS file, and the MessengerPlus sites are one of them. Don't believe me? Do the research yourself....

I uninstalled msgplus after accidentally leaving the sponsor program on when installing the update that had been nagging me for weeks.
Surprise surprise, the shitty IE bar that was added by the sponsor option doesnt go away. Yes, all my browsers were closed at the time of uninstall, no other programs were running, and yes, I did restart....about 3 times already.
If you did run programs like ad-aware or S&D before you started to uninstall the sponsor, chances are that the uninstall unfortunatly got corrupted with these programs. What you could do is to reinstall Messenger Plus! with the sponsor, so it will fix the uninstaller, and afterwards immediatly remove Messenger Plus! again (of course, make sure those anti-adware/spyware programs aren't running during all this). Afterwards (after the reboot, etc) you can check your PC again with those programs and you'll see that the sponsor program will be removed. Although some desktop links can still be present, but a simple delete will fix that.

Saying uninstalling msgplus removes the sponsor program is just utter bullshit.
Be assure that this procedure has been tested with each new build of Messenger Plus by many people related to the Messenger community (and not all are Plus!-fans either!), and also by various independent people (programmers, professional ICT's, ...), etc.. All comming to the same conclussion that this procedure works.

Feel free to ask around on MSN Messenger communities.
http://www.mess.be
http://www.msnfanatic.com
http://www.scito.nl
http://www.mastaline.com
etc... (the list goes on and on)

Also, Messenger Plus! is used by millions and millions of people around the world. If the procedure did not work, you can be sure that Messenger Plus! would long be dished and forgotten...

Does anyone have a link to a program that will rid me of this C2 / lop shite? Or am I facing another full reinstall?

http://lop.com/new_uninstall.exe
almost_there
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2004, 02:16:47 PM »

Are u all sick of MSG plus well i am im rilly pissed so i am a computer programer/hacker and im pissed off so if there are any more programers out there i think this may be fun.   EDIT Content removed. We do not condone hacking a piece of software or  website defacements - Paperghost. Im not sure if anyone has noticed or not but patchou's signiture found on only a few links on his web page but were he puts patchou the o is a face that face is used on most password cracking softwear ..think about that guys

Post edited by Paperghost.
My name is Prince , and I am Fun
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2004, 10:51:50 PM »

It's quite simple , [span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']dont use messenger plus![/span]  ..  

Then you wont be helping to support a group who make their money through distributing spyware on a large scale and have been for many years , doing so allows them to continue pushing it onto even more peoples computer systems , and they justify themselves by how many victims use their software..

"hey we have our programs installed [hijacked] on million peoples computers , it must be safe"

Lop.com and their messenger plus partners are not the kind of company who you should let mess about with your computer.  
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2004, 11:14:06 PM »

Spyware sucks , just block it all ..  

www.msgplus.net
64.62.180.96 - 64.62.180.127
C2 Media Ltd

C2 Media:63.145.92.0-63.145.92.127
C2 Media:63.146.90.128-63.146.90.255
C2 Media:63.236.173.0-63.236.173.7
C2 Media:63.237.84.64-63.237.84.127
C2 Media:63.237.152.0-63.237.153.255
C2 Media:63.239.124.16-63.239.124.31
C2 Media:63.239.126.64-63.239.126.191
C2 Media Ltd:64.62.180.96-64.62.180.127
C2 Media Ltd/msgplus.net[Spyware]:66.220.17.0-66.220.17.255
C2 Media.com:206.172.40.0-206.172.40.31
C2 Media:208.45.66.64-208.45.66.127
C2 Media:216.120.143.136-216.120.143.143
patchou.com-[Lop.com spyware]:66.98.198.21-66.98.198.21
msgpluszone.com[Lop.com]:66.98.252.17-66.98.252.17
chaostic.com[Lop.com Gang ENG+FLOR]:205.252.89.53-205.252.89.53
mp3search.com[Directs to Lop.com]:209.50.253.157-209.50.253.158

If anyone knows of any other Lop.com spyware IPs to add , dont be shy to post them..

No more spyware / adware and crapware thanks..
good dog
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2005, 05:57:20 PM »

lop has now permanently embedded itself in my computer.  Its items on my desktop cannot be dragged and dropped to the trash bin neither could I right click and delete them anymore and attempted removal from my processes threatens to damage my computer.  Adaware cannot remove them anymore.  This means war.
ink
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2005, 09:11:42 PM »

i am in the same situation

i dont know what to do now
Stephanie
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2005, 12:21:35 PM »

Lop.com is the sponsor of messenger plus, why they use "them" as the sponser is beyond me.     If you are lucky like me and u still hav messenger plus on your computer, go to the add/remove programs and removed messenger plsu and hopefully lop.com will b removed too!  I hope you can remove lop.com off your computers too coz its a bloody nuisance!!! Someone needs to stop them!
webhelper
ASAP VIP

Date Registered:December 09, 2003, 05:57:59 PM

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2005, 09:19:45 AM »

Lop.com is the sponsor of messenger plus, why they use "them" as the sponser is beyond me.     If you are lucky like me and u still hav messenger plus on your computer, go to the add/remove programs and removed messenger plsu and hopefully lop.com will b removed too!  I hope you can remove lop.com off your computers too coz its a bloody nuisance!!! Someone needs to stop them!
They are not a sponser but a partner.  I have already posted the link to their Florida Corporate data for Secure Software and messenger plus owner is listed as a partner along with Alex Shamash and Jason Lucas.

To me that is more than just a sponser when they also are partners in a corporation.

Wächter der Geschichten - хранитель Историй
Keeper Of The Histories
Member of ASAP Since 2004
MSN PLUS SLAUGHTERER
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2005, 08:20:26 PM »

To remove the hecky-fumping MSN Toolbar, you right click on it, and select the lowest option (forgot what it was) and the "Disable Thingy Thingy Thingy Thing"

Another thing, for all those non-believers, everytime you install MSN Plus, you get all those ploppies.  Choose to not install the sponsor you say, but I did choose not to, and they still installed the messed-up sponsors anyway, which leads to the conclusion:

MSN Plus is for silly billies
MSN Plus workers are people who work for MSN Plus
Don't install MSN Plus
MSN Plus is piddled-up
Same goes with their jolly odd sponsors

HAPPY MSN PLUS KILLING! :evil:

[span style=\'color:red\']/ EDITED by Paperghost due to excessive swearing. This isn't the Jerry Springer show.[/span]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: