SpyWare BeWare! ASAP
July 22, 2017, 01:35:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  

Google It!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Webhelper Alert: Messenger Plus is Lop.com  (Read 88311 times)
paperghost
ASAP VIP

Date Registered:July 04, 2004, 12:59:04 PM

« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2005, 03:57:13 AM »

And a very good writeup it is!

Microsoft MVP 2005 - Security / FaceTime.com /    Spywareguide Blocklist / Paperghost.com
And the villainies of nature do swarm upon him...
Name Game

Date Registered:April 16, 2004, 08:49:09 PM

« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2005, 02:38:07 PM »

One comment on your write up..that guy forestflyer whose post you pointed out at wilders...
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread....11&page=3&pp=25

He then came to the Gladiator forum..

http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum/index...&hl=forestflyer

and since we all work as a team   :D ..he ended up at tomcoyote forum in his anxious quest to clean his PC..no fun for him..and certainly no fun for the Security Forums.

links at Tom's forum are broken..but you could search for the final outcome for that guy.
ComputerGenius
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2005, 11:04:33 PM »

To remove the hecky-fumping MSN Toolbar, you right click on it, and select the lowest option (forgot what it was) and the "Disable Thingy Thingy Thingy Thing"

Another thing, for all those non-believers, everytime you install MSN Plus, you get all those ploppies.  Choose to not install the sponsor you say, but I did choose not to, and they still installed the messed-up sponsors anyway, which leads to the conclusion:

MSN Plus is for silly billies
MSN Plus workers are people who work for MSN Plus
Don't install MSN Plus
MSN Plus is piddled-up
Same goes with their jolly odd sponsors

HAPPY MSN PLUS KILLING! :evil:

[span style=\'color:red\']/ EDITED by Paperghost due to excessive swearing. This isn't the Jerry Springer show.[/span]
I agree with this guy. I installed MSN Plus and chose against the sponsor (which any person should do unless they are dumb)  :shoot: and my spyware detector still found it. I am currently uninstalling MSN Plus and it would be wise not to install it yourself.
JeanInMontana
ASAP Members

Date Registered:October 26, 2004, 06:51:07 PM

« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2005, 11:15:37 PM »

Your program may have targeted Messenger Plus as spyware but that doesn't mean any was actually installed. It is identified because it is a known carrier. If you opted to not install the sponsor then you didn't get it.

Grateful Surfer
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2005, 01:05:08 PM »

Greetings folks,

I just found this forum, after having security problems with my PC.  The security problems it turns out was MSN PLus.  Another forum I turned to for help pointed me here.

Just thought I would add my story here.  I started using MSN Plus a few years back and never had issue with it, and never installed any of its sponser programs.  Then in the last few weeks my system started showing signs of intrusion, no obvious hacks, just little things that didn't sit right wih me (homepage change, New empty folders created, small changes to my firewall configuration that I did not make or authorize).

Every Spyware, security, and viral scan continued to show my system clean.  Until I was pointed to Microsoft's anti-spyware Beta program.  It identified my MSN Plus as spyware.  I didn't really beliecve this great little program I had used for years was an issue as I has never had problems with it, but just to be cautious I limited MSN Plus's access to my system.  But unfortunately my problems persisted, forcing me to either start removing software or reformat my machine to solve my security issues.  After removing MSN Plus it appears my security issues have been solved.

It leaves but one conclusion, MSN Plus, despite being a great little MSN add-on, is bad news. Even by NOT installing the sponser programs your computers security no matter how tight will be compremised.

Great program, but avoid it like the plague!
AlexaR

Date Registered:August 20, 2007, 02:59:15 PM

« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2007, 03:03:48 PM »

um, ive installed MSN plus live recently (about 2 days), and i have had no problems what so ever. i did not accept any sponsors.

i have had a look through the first page here, and i must say, i doubt it is msnplus that is doing the spyware, more of the 'sponser'... just thought i would let y'all know  rolleyes

[edit:]
(ill bear in mind what the last few posts have said Tongue  though but for now, ill just go lag sumone elses computer using the unlimited nudges - again XD  )
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: