SpyWare BeWare! ASAP
April 23, 2017, 12:46:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  

Google It!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Securitycadets' to close  (Read 7347 times)
AndyAtHull
ASAP VIP

Date Registered:December 09, 2005, 10:59:25 AM

« on: August 01, 2011, 02:11:21 PM »

Dear all,

I have started this topic here because the blog will not be available. Because it is with, not much pleasure/satisfaction, to announce that Securitycadets is to close. The closure will occur this week.

This has been on the cards for sometime and in the scheme of things, not a major problem. There are far more support sites online than five years ago and far more motivated and dedicated people willing to make the fight against malware, cyber crime and other problems one of their priorities. But not for me anymore in a site capacity.

It has been no secret that our traffic has declined. Mainly due to my dedication to the cause. My real life has taken over in many ways. And running a site these days takes alot and alot and alot of time. Time which I do not have.

Over the past five years I have had the pleasure to get help from great individuals on my site. You cannot do it alone and a support network is vital. So to all whom worked on SC in whatever way -- Thank You.

Where does this leave SCars and DefenceInspector?

Well SCars is a copyright of both SC and it's developer. And I have to discuss with that individual. DI is not a copyrighted software that was SC's. But to it's developer. However once our site goes offline, you will not be able to use DI's database. So in effect the tool is lifeless untill the database gets uploaded elsewhere.

I am yet to contact the developer (not had the time), but I will. But their programming skills are top notch and the work carried out was great. I cannot thank enough.

If you have any files on our servers you wish to have or any work of yours returned, please let me know via a PM on this site alone. It saves me fron logging into many forums.

The Facebook page will likely go, but the Twitter page will stay, for now.

Note - The WinPatrol support we had (which was very succesfull) has now moved to here http://www.landzdown.com/index.php/board,40.0.html

Any questions, please also ask. I have not covered every reason for the closure and not expressed every situation. But within reason I will give you an explination if you wish.

Best Regards,

Andrew Kleijn
Securitycadets' Owner

Follow me on: Twitter | Follow Securitycadets' on: Twitter | Become a fan on: Facebook

Click here to get SCars | Check your Computers Security with DefenceInspector

MRU Master at MalwareRemoval | ASAP member since '06

Disclaimer: The opinions I post are my own and don't reflect the police force I am in.
AndyAtHull
ASAP VIP

Date Registered:December 09, 2005, 10:59:25 AM

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 11:13:54 AM »

Circumstances have changed for me over recent weeks and I am working on a plan to keep SC. At this stage I am moving servers, which is providing to be educational and a good challange. Bare with me.

Andrew Kleijn
Securitycadets' Owner

Follow me on: Twitter | Follow Securitycadets' on: Twitter | Become a fan on: Facebook

Click here to get SCars | Check your Computers Security with DefenceInspector

MRU Master at MalwareRemoval | ASAP member since '06

Disclaimer: The opinions I post are my own and don't reflect the police force I am in.
Fielding

Date Registered:May 04, 2012, 06:24:32 PM

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 06:26:34 PM »

I wish good luck andy and begin downloading SCars.

Best Regards
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: