SpyWare BeWare! ASAP
March 27, 2017, 03:39:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  

Google It!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning message of malware on Chrome  (Read 24487 times)
steadfast

Date Registered:September 03, 2011, 02:35:30 PM

« on: September 03, 2011, 03:43:39 PM »

I got a weird message when I was using Google on Chrome and tried to direct link to a site. It said that the site was suspected of using Malware and might infect my computer, did I want to go there anyway? I clicked "back", but a few minutes later, I wanted to see exactly what the message said so I could ask about it on this site, so I input the URL again and this time it took me to the site (no warning message).
I remember the message said something about the site being known to have content from "something dot net"(I wish I knew what it said), which was known for malware. I don't know if the message was generated by Google or Chrome. I'm sorry I can't tell you more about this, but I now I am worried. Why would it give me that message one time and the next time take me to the site?
Do I have anything to worry about?
Has anyone else ever seen this message?
melboy
ASAP Members

Date Registered:April 02, 2009, 02:56:03 AM

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 04:23:48 AM »

What you saw was the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page. Whilst initially it blocked your access to the site to warn you of potential problems, if you persist in trying to access the site you will be allowed to continue at your own risk.

http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com/2008/05/safe-browsing-diagnostic-to-rescue.html

My advice would be not to visit the site until you know it is safe to do so.

steadfast

Date Registered:September 03, 2011, 02:35:30 PM

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 03:12:23 AM »

What you saw was the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page. Whilst initially it blocked your access to the site to warn you of potential problems, if you persist in trying to access the site you will be allowed to continue at your own risk.

http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com/2008/05/safe-browsing-diagnostic-to-rescue.html

My advice would be not to visit the site until you know it is safe to do so.

thank you. I assumed that since I left the page that when I came back it shouldn't have been linked to the first time. I think Firefox warns you and then you have to click a button that says I understand the risk and I want to proceed anyway. That seems a lot safer, since I inadvertently went to the page on Chrome because it didn't warn me the second time.
melboy
ASAP Members

Date Registered:April 02, 2009, 02:56:03 AM

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 03:18:31 AM »

What was the site (Do not post a clickable URL)? Does is still present a problem?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: