SpyWare BeWare! ASAP
May 29, 2017, 02:40:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  

Google It!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Having trouble with IE not sure if it is a virus or not  (Read 4154 times)
mabaolra

Date Registered:August 17, 2012, 09:36:31 AM

« on: September 12, 2012, 02:59:15 PM »

Thanks for all the help you gave us with our other computer, now the main computer is having problems. Here is the basics of what is happening.

We use to have McAfee installed on the computer. It kept saying we were clean but wouldn't let me run a back up or uninstall or reinstall. After you help with our other computer we switched off of McAfee to just Microsoft Security Essentials and running Malwarebytes each day. I was finally able to delete it, but parts of it are still around and I can't seem to clear the system completely. I keep having problems with IE on some of the website we visit, so I tried to go back to an early version. Still having problems. As soon as I sign in it says that I need to upgrade back to Version 9. Still having problems after reupgrading. In particular today with Blogspot. The pages are not loading right like there is a flash player problem or something. I tried to uninstall and then up date the IE hoping that would fix the problem but it says it can install correctly.

There have been daily updates requested for Java App and Windows lately. But when I try and run the updates they don't seem to want to finish. The computer sounds like there is something constantly working and is now getting slow when trying to access the internet. We recently had someone use our credit card that we use for online purchases, so now I am worried there might be something hidden allowing access to our computer. There also seems to be a lot of junk on the computer now. I don't know enough to just start deleting things, so I haven't tried yet.

I have run Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes and both are showing we are fine. (We don't have the upgraded Malware bytes version, just the link you had sent in the previous fix.  Any advice for what might be causing the problems? Anything I might be able to try rather than just reformat the entire computer?
melboy
ASAP Members

Date Registered:April 02, 2009, 02:56:03 AM

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 03:19:20 PM »

Hi

First run the Mcafee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe) as outlined here:

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

Then ensure that you have the latest version of flash, & that it is enabled.

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/885448

Let us know if this doesn't resolve your problems.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: