SpyWare BeWare! ASAP
May 28, 2017, 03:31:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  

Google It!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FBI message on my PC - removal?  (Read 3529 times)
smyDe

Date Registered:September 17, 2012, 08:34:25 AM

« on: September 17, 2012, 08:51:19 AM »

Has anyone heard about messages sent by FBI to lock PCs? I have such a message on my desktop right now and I cannot use my computer at all. The message does not disappear and I cannot remove it. It says my system is locked and that`s it! I cannot open my documents, images, folders... I`m really worried and I want to fix the problem,  but I`m worried it may become even worse. I need help, if you have some idea how to clean my PC, I`m waiting for you!
Corrine
Administrator

Date Registered:March 06, 2004, 10:01:51 AM

The Mystical Rose

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 05:25:42 PM »

It is a scam. See this by the FBI FBI New Internet Scam and this ESET post:  FBI Ransomware: Reveton seeks MoneyPak payment in the name of the law | ESET ThreatBlog.

Please follow the instructions in Please Start HERE! and post the logs in the Malware Removal Forum for assistance.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.
smyDe

Date Registered:September 17, 2012, 08:34:25 AM

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 05:02:57 AM »

Woow, what logs? I think I`m not as experienced as you think I`m. I found this on google http://botcrawl.com/how-to-remove-the-fbi-moneypak-ransomware-virus-fake-fbi-malware-removal/ and this also http://www.americanpendulum.com/2012/07/11/remove-fbi-moneypak-virus/, but here the only solution is manual removal, so I think this is not applicable to me. Isn`t there some more somle way to solve the case without losing my info? Please! Sad
melboy
ASAP Members

Date Registered:April 02, 2009, 02:56:03 AM

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 04:56:38 PM »

As Corrine says, please follow the instructions in the Please Start HERE! thread and post the logs in the Malware Removal Forum for assistance.

We can deal with any problems you encounter if there is anything in that topic you can't do - Just tell us what problems you are facing.

Initially, you may find it necessary to boot into Safe mode with networking to download and run DDS.

Booting into Safe Mode safely

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: