Please read the following information first.
You're infected with Rootkit.ZeroAccess, a BackDoor Trojan also.
One or more of the identified infections is known to use a backdoor.
This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.
I would advice you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.
Though the infection has been identified and because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:
How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10451
When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstallhttp://www.dslreports.com/faq/10063
I will try my best to clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards.
Let me know what you decide to do. If you decide to go through with the cleanup, please proceed with the following steps.
OK, here you go......this should get you going:
Please download the attached fixlist.txt
and copy it to your flashdrive.NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system
On Vista or Windows 7: Now please enter System Recovery Options. (as you did before)
Run FRST64 or FRST
(which ever one you're using) and press the Fix
button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the flashdrive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
See if the computer boots normally now and if so..........
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit
- Unzip the contents to a folder in a convenient location.
- Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exe
- Follow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.
- Click on the Cleanup button to remove any threats and reboot if prompted to do so.
- Wait while the system shuts down and the cleanup process is performed.
- Perform another scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to verify that no threats remain. If they do, then click Cleanup once more and repeat the process.
- When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log.txt and system-log.txt