SpyWare BeWare! ASAP
April 23, 2017, 04:41:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  

Google It!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows Vista releases to manufacturing  (Read 2797 times)
NICK ADSL UK
ASAP VIP

Date Registered:April 18, 2004, 05:58:23 AM

« on: November 08, 2006, 06:16:25 PM »

Windows Vista releases to manufacturing

Great news!  Today were announcing the release to manufacturing (RTM) of Windows Vista.

Yes, you read it right -- development of Windows Vista is complete.

Want proof?  Watch this video and hear it from Jim Allchin himself.
http://soapbox.msn.com/video.aspx?vid=8475...f8-16f623fe9e3f

Ultimately, we never could have achieved this milestone without you, the enthusiast community, who have played a key role in making this the highest-quality, most secure, most reliable and most usable version of Windows the world has ever seen.  You gave us unprecedented support in testing and providing your feedback while we designed, developed and refined Windows Vista -- so much so that it has in many ways become a reflection of your involvement.

Consequently, you should feel the same sense of accomplishment that we feel today.

And just what is this so-called RTM?  Its the major milestone where we can confidently say that Microsoft is done with Windows Vista and will be handing it off to our industry partners:  PC makers, ISVs and IHVs.  They in turn will continue to ramp-up in earnest now that the target is locked -- for example, by refining hardware drivers -- in order to complete the cycle and make Windows Vista available via retail channels on 30 January 2007.  On that date Windows Vista and the 2007 Microsoft Office system will be available to customers around the world.

But before we get there, weve got some really, REALLY great things to come, much of which will be disclosed or discussed on this blog -- so keep your eyes peeled!

http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/windowsvista/default.aspx

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security
alyssataylor1962

Date Registered:June 30, 2010, 06:03:55 AM

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 09:45:00 PM »

I have read your information of windows vista.Microsoft says Windows Vista is its most heavily tested operating system ever, with deep investments made to ensure greater security, reliability and usability.Apple has openly but light-heartedly accused Microsoft of imitating its own Mac OS X operating system with Vista, pointing out clear similarities that have crept into Vista.

Signature Spam Removed.
mitch
Administrator

Date Registered:March 29, 2004, 11:40:15 PM

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 11:39:53 PM »

you do realize this is almost a 4 year old post?
vista has been replaced with win7
except i replaced it with ubuntu

" i'm not an expert, but"
Second best Spam Killer  at SBW
Proudest ASAP member

no post of mine maybe copied or reproduced without my written consent !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: